Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mission Trip

I am very excited to announce that I will be leaving for a mission trip with my church youth group this Friday, March the 6th! We will be going to Zacapa, Guatemala working with Hope of Life Ministries. I am very thankful to be able to have the opprotunity and to join in this experience.
                 This will be the second year my youth group has taken this trip to Guatemala. I never in a million years planned on going on a mission trip out of the country. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus and am constantly looking for new ways to grow my relationship with Him each and every day, but going to a 3rd world country with dirt and diseases and contaminated water was not what I had in mind. I knew that since I so strongly did not want to go on a mission trip, that was exactly where the Lord was going to take me.  I was waiting every day for sign of yes or no and I would pray about it, "Lord, are you sure you really want me to go to Guatemala? I know You know the ultimate plan for my life, but are you absolutely sure this is what you want me to do?" And then I waited. My youth leader is a very strong willed man(shall we say), and I love him to death, and every Wednesday and Sunday, I quote, "Hey Luce, Guatemala, you comin?" I would shyly reply no, but I could feel a stirring in my heart every time the subject came up. At the end of every message, my youth pastor would tell us, "So who all is comin to Guat? Sign up sheets are in the back." I knew the Lord was telling me to go. It's hard to explain other than just when you know, you know!
                   I have been praying constantly about the trip, for me, for the team, and for the hearts of those we are going to meet. I am so ready, now, to go and share and speak of His love to those in Zacapa, Guatemala.
                   I also can't wait to share pictures and stories when I get back! Here is a verse that has been encouraging me lately:

No comments:

Post a Comment