Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Mac's Famous Apple Cake

Today I am sharing with you all a recipe that goes wayyy back in our family. Around this time each year we make this cake along with other foods we love such as my dad's homemade trash (like chex mix, but better) or apple pie. Man, let me tell you, there is no better smell that puts me into Thanksgiving mode than the smell of this cake baking in the oven. It takes me back to when I was a little girl and my whole family would stay up late cooking and preparing for Thanksgiving.
 
Ingredients: 1 cup oil, 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, 3 apples (skinned and chopped), 1 cup nuts (we normally use pecans), 1 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated), and 1 tsp. cinnamon and vanilla.
 
Put the flour, salt, and baking soda in a sifter to sift together.
 
 
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Throw in the apples and nuts.
The most efficient way of getting the ingredients all mixed together is to use your hands.
Spray your pan reallly well.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and let it cool before taking it out of the pan.
 
Dust the cake with a little powdered sugar and voila, it is finished! If you do try this recipe, let me know how you like it!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment