Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

High/Low


(I meant to post this yesterday..oops! but I'm so glad I because my #4 high happened just this morning!)This will be the first of a new weekly post I am adding to the mix: High/Low. This post will simply be my weekly "highs" and "lows", things that have popped up on my radar, things that I've been loving, and things that I have not enjoyed so much.  My family asks this question around the dinner table and have always called it high/low, so I felt the name would be appropriate. Hope you enjoy!

This week's highs:
1. Lilly for Target! Okay, so I guess this is my crazy Lilly for Target experience, compared to some of the hard core stories I have read, mine isn't much story! (I guess I'm just not that dedicated of a Lilly lover) I stayed online until. When the site crashed I hit the hay. I woke up at 7:00 to find that the whole collection was sold out online but the one item I really wanted(the happy challis romper) was still in store. So I thought after church I would just swing by and pick it up. Not a chance. Target stores around the world were sold out in a matter of 10 minutes! But not to worry, resourceful Lu to the  rescue! I found my romper on Ebay the same day and for only $45.(originally $34) That was a pretty big high this week.

2. My homeschool tennis team has played very few matches this season due to the rainy weather we've been having, so we were all very excited we had a sunny day Tuesday to be able to play (and win!) our last match. We look pretty normal for homeschoolers, right? ;)

3. The RARE sunshine sightings. I am so done with April showers and am ready for May flowers and more sunshine! Wednesday there was not a cloud in the sky and I took advantage of it and did my schoolwork outside by our pool. (homeschool perks to the max)

How could I do schoolwork by the pool without an occasional swan break? These inflatable swans are the bomb, you can find them here.

4. Hoppy Poppy. This morning I was sitting in our playroom and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little creature hopping across the floor. My first thought was that the cat had brought in another snack if you know what I mean. I told my dad to watch the cat while I go catch this thing. I ran to the dining room and found it was a little baby bunny! My sister and I named him Hoppy Poppy. We did have to let him go though because of our cat, but we have a few little bunnies we see every now and then hopping around our yard so we hope he will find his way back to his mama!

This week's lows:                                         
1. The ACT. Psych! I didn't actually take it. I was suppose to take it Saturday but I printed out the wrong ticket. I accidentally printed the ticket for the June ACT and not the April ACT. I arrived on time, had a good breakfast and a solid 9 hours of sleep and was ready to take this test when the teacher tells me I'm not on the list. Okay, I know for a fact my mom signed me up for this test. Then the teacher takes me to the head lady and she tells me I have the wrong ticket. But I tell her, again, I am signed up to take this test! She even finds me on the roll sheet and tells me the right room I'm suppose to be in. Hello, I have my ID, I am present in front of you, and I just called my mom to bring me the correct ticket. (s/o to my mom because she was not very happy about the whole situation and I needed those scores to get into my dual enrollment classes next year) Why wouldn't this lady let me test? Ugh, I am still mad at my myself for carelessly looking over that. HUGE low for the week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment