Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Road Trip

Yesterday, my family took a little road trip to see my grandparents. They live an hour away from us in a quaint little town with only one stoplight. My grandfather is 82 and is still working as a family doctor there, so went drove down to have lunch with Nana and say hello to Doc. There is a wonderful little restaurant there that was closed for a time and just reopened and that is where we ate.


I had forgotten how delicious their catfish was!!
     After lunch we went to my grandparents' house and reminisced of childhood memories my siblings and I have made there. Around every corner it seemed like we would say, "I remember this, I remember that!" or, "This seemed so much bigger!"



In case you couldn't tell, I get most of my fashion sense from my grandmother.

I also got to look through some of my Nana's coat closets and found these vintage pageant dresses that were handmade by an old family friend.


I think it's neat how she has kept all of these beautiful things! I love spending time with my grandparents and hearing all of the stories and wisdom they have to share. I hope that one day I will have gained as much knowledge as my grandparents. The love they have for each other and for their family is inspiring. This year they will celebrate their 63rd anniversary!
        We all had a fun time on this short little road trip and I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!


                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment