Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

College?!

There are many pros and cons to being homeschooled, one of the pros being that you can work at your own pace. Towards the end of last year, my mom gave me the option of graduating early. She told me I was able to if I wanted to, but honestly, I was scared to death of that option. I put that idea in the back of my head because it was too much to even think about. Then I realized that most of my homeschooled friends would be graduating the next year, without me, if I didn't graduate early. So I thought and prayed about the possibility of graduating a year ahead and then thought and prayed some more.

     Sooo many questions were running through my mind. What college would I go to? Who would I room with? What about camp? Would I be skipping out on a year of my life?! And at the time I didn't even have a driver's license! I was completely overwhelmed. But then, it started to grow on me and it started to sound like a good idea. My older brother is currently a freshman at Ole Miss which is 2 and 1/2 hours away (not a bad drive) and I already know so many friends and cousins who go there. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with my life yet but Ole Miss offers a lot of great options.

     After camp this summer, I  took the plunge and applied to Ole Miss. Last month I got accepted, and last week I got a roommate! I am rooming with a super sweet girl named Lucy, who I know from church. Everything is falling into place and I look forward to attending the University of Mississippi in the fall of 2016! I could not be happier about my decision!


     A couple nights ago, I was reading from Let's all be Brave (blogpost about this great book here) and the chapter was about saying yes. And here I am, saying yes to this new chapter in my life and I am beyond excited to see how it unfolds!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment