Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sweet Potato Pi

I know that this post is long overdue. Partially because I have been busy and also because I did not know what to write about. And that got me thinking... "How did my blog get it's name in the first place?"

 The blog came about because I love (1.) clothes/ fashion (2.) finding good deals on clothing and (3.) writing. (Plus a little bit of everything in between) I had always wanted to start a blog but had been too scared. I'm not sure what of exactly, but one day I decided I was going to do it. I sat down with my mom and asked her what I should name it.  Our minds drew blanks. Ha! So we do what we always do when we are in a fix. We call my dad.

The first suggestion he had was Sweet Potato Pie.

There are many nicknames in our family. Some of mine are: Lu, Lusausage, Lulabell, Lucy Goosey, Saucey, Louisa May, and Sweet Potato Pie. How those were derived from Louise Montgomery, I will never know. Mom always says, "A child with many names is well-loved." My dad's favorite nickname for me has always been Sweet Potato Pie. He is an architect and has always tutored me in math as part of our homeschooling. Nerd alert: I've always prided myself on knowing the first 10 digits of pi.

We loved my dad's suggestion, but lets be real here, that name was taken. :) So we shortened it and decided to throw in my homeschool life as well.

The song which taught me pi here :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment